I discovered the Tasmanian Craft Fair last year and simply fell in love with it.
So when I was accepted into the main part of the show this year I was over the moon. I’ve been rabbiting on about it to friends and family for months and they’re completely over my carrying ons so instead of chewing their ears about it I thought I’d share with you 10 things I love about the Tasmanian Craft Fair!
1. It’s a celebration of creativity and exploration, bringing together talented artisans and makers who all love what they’re creating.
2. The whole town of Deloraine gets completely behind this creative celebration with a public holiday, gatherings and a fabulous atmosphere for days – and all to do with creativity!
3. It brings together makers from across the country, not just one state but all parts of Australia are featured with arts and crafts people travelling as far away as Perth to bring their unique designs to a stunningly beautiful island state.
4. The range of arts and crafts available is as broad and diverse as the personalities making the designs – everything from jewellery, fashion, craft, quilting, food, wine, textiles, plants and more.
5. It is a four day show so there’s plenty of time to get around to all the halls and see everything – from the main fair halls to the community centres through out town.
6. The local food is delicious. I know that I’ll be spoiled for choice at cafes and restaurants with great food at affordable prices.
7. Deloraine is set in some of the most beautiful country side in all of Tasmania and there’s so much to see and do. I love taking a moment to sit by the Mersey river and just watch the ducks with their ducklings swimming around – sounds corny but it’s ever so peaceful.
8. I love getting to meet the locals, especially as I have hopes of someday having a farm in Tassie. A four day show gives you time to meet people and have a chat.
9. The fair raises money for the local Rotary Club to achieve positive change with their projects locally and internationally – so money is going right back into the community where it is needed.
10. I get to have a bit of a holiday exploring the stunning northern part of Tasmania either side of the fair and recharge my batteries. I’ll be definitely getting more Cradle Mountain honey, Christmas Hiills Raspberry Farm chocolate coated raspberries, Anvers Chocolate and Ashgrove Cheese!
Want to Go to the Tasmanian Craft Fair?
The Tasmanian Craft Fair is on over the first weekend in November in Deloraine – Friday 4th – Monday 7th November.
A weekend adult pass is just $20 and is great value.
There are 14 official venues as well as community venues through out the town. Click here to find out more about the beautiful town of Deloraine.
Be sure to visit places like Trowunna Wildlife Park too!
Creatively Belle at the Tasmanian Craft Fair
You’ll be able find Creatively Belle in Venue 8 – which is next to the Showground – at stall 827.
I’m planning on doing a special show voucher for the fair and will link to it as soon as it’s ready. Updates will be on Facebook and in the email newsletter.