Costume jewelry designs have been a favorite choice for centuries for women and men of all societies. Contemporary fashion jewelry is reaching the same heights of popularity as costume jewelry did in the early 20th Century. Costume jewelry is often made to suit the seasonal fashion colors, is affordable and much is unsigned.
Costume jewelry ranges from cheap and cheerful plastic designs through to the handcrafted necklaces and earrings that are made to last. The best way to ensure your favorite costume earrings, necklaces, bracelets, watches, pins and brooches last is to look after them so you get to enjoy them even more.
Here are 7 ways to look after your costume jewelry:
1. Costume jewelry and water just do not mix. So avoid leaving your fashion jewelry in moist bathrooms, in a wet pile after swimming or showering or in any pool of water.
2. Display your costume jewelry on earring holders, necklace stands, bracelet and watch displays to avoid messy tangles that can harm the jewelry. Jewelry display stands are also great for showing off your jewelry so you get to enjoy it more. (Click READ MORE below for the rest)
Costume Jewelry with Handmade Lampwork Glass Beaded Necklace and Earrings Click here
3. When traveling or carrying your jewelry around use a jewelry roll – also known as a jewelry organizer – as it is soft so it protects your jewelry from nasty knocks.
4. Just like with caring for pearl jewelry, fashion costume jewelry does not like the acid from hairsprays and alcohol of perfumes so put your fashion jewelry on after you have sprayed hair spray and perfumes.
5. Many components used in costume jewelry can be sun affected such as wooden beads, bone beads and the like so keep the fashion jewelry out of the sun.
6. Avoid letting your costume fashion jewelry coming into contact with soap, face creams, or moisturizers. If they do rinse clean and pat dry. Make sure the jewelry is fully dry before putting it away.
7. Clean your fashion jewelry gently with cotton buds or a soft toothbrush with a little distilled water. Make sure it is properly dried so to look after the metal settings.
Many talented jewelry designers have created simply stunning costume jewelry, especially with the focus in the 20th Century on colorful and sparkling affordable jewelry designs.
Costume designer jewelry can include CZ jewelry, hip hop jewelry, handmade jewelry, beaded jewelry, Native American jewelry, Swarvoski crystal jewelry, magnetic jewelry, hair jewelry, pagan jewelry, butterfly jewelry, to Victorian jewelry. The range is endless really as costume jewelry is any jewelry made from non-precious gem stones and metals. It is usually made with imitation gemstones like cubic zirconia, lampwork glass beads, crystal beads and faux pearls.
So whatever your costume jewelry style make sure you get to enjoy your beloved fashion jewelry for the years to come simply by caring for them.
www.CreativelyBelle.com/designs – join our free email newsletter and go in the running to win a $50 Gift Voucher!