My Wedding Checklist To Make Wedding Planning Easy
For many of us planning for a wedding is the biggest event we’ve had to design, organise and manage. Having a checklist to get us started and on track can make life so much easier.
18 months before or as soon as possible
- Choose a wedding date
- Create a Wedding Planner Folder to keep details together and easy to use
- Order the Wedding Cake
- Discuss and decide on your Budget
- Discuss the type of Wedding; Church or Civil
- Book the Venues – ceremony and celebration
- If planning an outside wedding consider wet weather alternatives (backup plans save on worries)
- Draw up your Guest List
- Get ideas for Photographers, Videographers, Caterers, Stationers, Entertainers – ask for references and to see examples of their work
- Consider Wedding Insurance
12 months before
- Book the Photographer and/or Videographer
- Choose a Colour Scheme
- Browse for Dresses for the Bride and Bridesmaids and Male Outfits
- Browse for the Wedding Rings
- Select and Book a Mistress/Master of Ceremonies
- Book Wedding Cars – consider transport after the Reception too
- Contact Travel Agents for Honeymoon possibilities
- Organise Music/ Entertainment for the Reception
6 months before
- Order your Wedding Dress, Shoes and Jewellery
- Select your Best Man and Groomsmen
- Book your Honeymoon – make sure any travel documents and insurances are in order
- Order your Wedding Stationery, (Invitations, Place-cards, Thankyou Cards and Order of Service)
- Consider accommodation needs of guests and availability – will the need to stay over night or for the weekend?
- Order the Groomsmen Suits and Bridesmaids Dresses
- Order Bridal Presents and Table Decorations
- Organise disposible camers for each table at the reception
4 months before
- Mail out your Invitations and record all replies in the Wedding Planner folder
- Order the Wedding Rings
- Plan your Floral Display and Order all Wedding Flowers
- Compile and Distribute a Wedding Gift List
- Organise accommodation and care for any pets
- Confirm the Wedding Venue booking
2 months before
- Book Wedding Night Accommodation
- Book Newly Wed Brunch for the next day
- Select a Hairdresser and Beautician for the Wedding Day and book Trial Sessions
- Inform Caterers and Reception Venue of final numbers
- Organise Stag and Hen parties to happen a week before the wedding
- Organise Going Away Outfits and honeymoon Clothes
- Assist in selecting Mother-of-the-Bride Outfits
1 month – 1 week before
- Select and Purchase Gifts for Parents and Attendants
- Hold a Dress Rehearsal
- Decide on your Seating Plan
- Organise Final Fitting for Wedding and Bridesmaids Dresses
- Organise Final Fitting for Groomsmen outfits
- Confirm Transport Arrangements
- Confirm music/entertainment arrangements
- Organise Travellers Cheques and Currency if travelling abroad
- Have your Hens and Bucks nights
- Notify those concerned of Name Change if wanted. e.g. Bank, Building Society, Electoral Roll, Credit Card Suppliers, Insurance Company, Driving Licence
Authority, Dentist, Doctor, Insurance Company, Passport Office etc.
- Ensure that guests have Travel and Accommodation information
- Make sure bills are covered and memberships are suspended before going away, eg. electricity, gas, water, mobile, telephone, gym, club, home and car insurances etc.
- Pack for Honeymoon
- Have a dinner with all the bridal party – bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Get a massage and facial and relax
The day before
- Arrange for the Best Man to collect the Wedding Rings
- Supply Order of Service Sheets to Ushers
- Place Wedding Clothes and Accessories in Dressing Room
- Cards, Messages and Telegrams to be given to the Best Man
- Check that you have all Hotel and Travel Documentation, Money, Travellers Cheques, Car Keys, Driving Licence and all items relating to your Accommodation and Honeymoon ready to go.
- Get a good night’s sleep!
My Wedding Day!
- Have a good breakfast to avoid feeling faint during the ceremony
- Check that you have all Hotel and Travel Documentation, Money, Travellers Cheques, Car Keys, Driving Licence and all items relating to your Accommodation and Honeymoon.
- Enjoy yourselves!
After the Wedding
- Send out Thankyou Cards – tip; on the back of the wedding gift card write what the present is so it is easier to do the cards.
- Arrange for Hired Clothes to be returned
- Enjoy your Honeymoon
- Get your photos developed from the disposible cameras
- Have a gathering after the honeymoon to catchup with friends and family to look at wedding photos and videos.
Belinda Stinson is the designer and owner of http://CreativelyBelle.com – a popular and successful jewelry and earring holder gift idea store. Belinda also offers a range of business and marketing articles online published in the monthly email newsletter to help other businesses success.
Signup today for the free email newsletter to keep you informed about new resources as well as jewelry designs and sales.
You can also see Belinda’s designs and jewelry display stands at the Creatively Belle online store: http://CreativelyBelle.com/design
© Worldwide Belinda Stinson
If you would like to publish this article please include the details of the Resource Box. Thank you.