I think I’m more of a fabric collector than a quilter but in an effort to actually use some of the beautiful quilting fabrics and have them in my daily life I made pot holders using a fat quarter or a 12″ width.
- Simply trim the binding from the edges of the quarter, 2.5″ is good. Make sure there is enough to bind trim two pot holders and make two loops.
- Cut the fabric in half to make two pot holders.
- Cut natural fibre wadding to fit – 2 pieces so there is wadding for both pot holders.
- For both pieces: Fold wrong sides together with one piece of wadding in between to make the padding for the holder.
- Pin together around the edges and through the middle- use lots of pins for the best effect.
- Sew parraell lines 1.5″ apart diagonally across the rectangle of the pot holder to give the quilted box effect.
- Make a loop and attach to a corner for each pot holder so they can hang in the kitchen.
- Attach the binding around the edge of each pot holder. Machine sew the raw edges and fold over, hand sew the folded edge of the binding to the pot holder.
Beautiful Aquatic Inspired Long Necklace and Earring Set – click here to see more!
We also have decorative metal earring stands (our earring holders are really popular so check them out!), earrings, necklaces, bracelets, Catherine Popesco French Designer Jewelry, eBay specials, matching jewelry sets, and much more. So come shop online with Creatively Belle.
http://www.creativelybelle.com/ – join our free newsletter today
Need comprehensive info about building and maintaining a successful online business? Get your copy of Insider Secrets today and you’ll be ahead of the pack!