This month I went to the local bridal expo and craft show and had some really interesting conversations with a number of the business owners.
Most didn’t have a site and most seemed to think that they couldn’t have one because their stock changed so much and so often that they couldn’t keep up with the images online. I can understand this concern because I’ve faced it with my work too.
The answer is that you don’t have to put all your work online. You can start with phase 1 having information like:
* calendar of shows for the year so customers know where to find you
* contact details so customers can easily contact you
* online email newsletter subscription so customers can give you their details so you can remind them about upcoming shows (newsletters can be monthly or just once a year, but building the database list of interested customers is vital for business growth and success)
* product range so customers know what you’ll have at the show
* some images of your goods so customers can see what you have to start to get ideas